We have detected that you are using an Ad Blocker.
PracticeUpdate is free to end users but we rely on advertising to fund our site. Please consider supporting PracticeUpdate by whitelisting us in your ad blocker.
We have sent a message to the email address you have provided, . If this email is not correct, please update your settings with your correct address.
The email address you provided during registration, , does not appear to be valid. Please update your settings with a valid address before to continue using PracticeUpdate.
Please provide your AHPRA Number to ensure that you are given the correct level of access to our site.

Expert Opinion / Cases · March 26, 2021

Invasive Ductal Carcinoma of the Left Breast

Giurgiu Silvia


Discuss This item Follow

No comments yet, be the first to start the discussion!

  • Maria Ester Dominguez

    Mar 27, 2021

    I think it´s the right choice

  • Jayaprakash Madhavan

    Apr 02, 2021

    She does not require any additional treatment but she needs evaluation of both bone and cardiac health

  • Giurgiu Silvia

    Apr 02, 2021

    Thank you

  • mohamad kadri

    Apr 02, 2021

    She doesn't need any additional therapy

  • oscar aballay

    Apr 02, 2021

    Doesn’t need another treatment

  • Kiley Loh

    Apr 03, 2021

    I would consider switching the tamoxifen to an aromatase inhibitor Recommend germline genetic testing

  • Bogdan Cristian Dinu

    Apr 03, 2021

    because 25% of breast cancer cases are in liason with high level of cholesterol check it and if it is high use Simvastatin .

  • Andrea Breeding

    Apr 04, 2021

    Treatment is adequate. I agree with genetic testing.

  • Giurgiu Silvia

    Apr 06, 2021

    Already done genetic testing for BRCA, PALB... and all negative.

  • Wang Hsin-Fang

    Apr 13, 2021

    She needs to receive 3 more adjuvant chemotherapy .

  • Reshma Mahtani

    Apr 19, 2021

    Agree with AI and OFS instead of tam plus OFS given benefit of this approach seen in SOFT/TEXT. Not sure if she would have qualified for monarchE trial (if 1-3 positive nodes had to have grade 3, tumor size equal/over 5cm or high ki-67 and this info is not provided) but this would be something to discuss as well, barring any insurance coverage issues.

  • Giurgiu Silvia

    Apr 20, 2021

    She had grade 1 tumor, 2.5 cm size tumor and ki-67 was 10%.

  • Jan 27, 2022

    Pending Moderator approval.

Further Reading