Sign in to PracticeUpdate
Only registered members have full access to PracticeUpdate content.
- Muscaritoli M, Anker SD, Argilés J, et al. Consensus definition of sarcopenia, cachexia and pre-cachexia: joint document elaborated by Special Interest Groups (SIG) "cachexia-anorexia in chronic wasting diseases" and "nutrition in geriatrics". Clin Nutr. 2010;29(2):154-159.
- Hayashi F, Matsumoto Y, Momoki C, et al. Physical inactivity and insufficient dietary intake are associated with the frequency of sarcopenia in patients with compensated viral liver cirrhosis. Hepatol Res. 2013;43(12):1264-1275.
- Montano-Loza AJ, Meza-Junco J, Prado CM, et al. Muscle wasting is associated with mortality in patients with cirrhosis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012;10(2):166-173, 173 e1.
- Tsien C, Garber A, Narayanan A, et al. Post-liver transplantation sarcopenia in cirrhosis: a prospective evaluation. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014;29(6):1250-1257.
- Englesbe MJ, Patel SP, He K, et al. Sarcopenia and mortality after liver transplantation. J Am Coll Surg. 2010;211(2):271-278.
- Hamaguchi Y, Kaido T, Okumura S, et al. Impact of quality as well as quantity of skeletal muscle on outcomes after liver transplantation. Liver Transpl. 2014;20(11):1413-1419.
- Zenith L, Meena N, Ramadi A, et al. Eight weeks of exercise training increases aerobic capacity and muscle mass and reduces fatigue in patients with cirrhosis (published online ahead of print April 24, 2014]. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. doi: 10.1016/j.cgh.2014.04.016.
Disclosure statements are available on the authors' profiles: