Sign in to PracticeUpdate
Only registered members have full access to PracticeUpdate content.
- Kim M-S, Kim T, Lee D, et al. Mental disorders among workers in the healthcare industry: 2014 national health insurance data. Ann Occup Environ Med. 2018;30:31.
- West CP, Dyrbye LN, Shanafelt TD. Pysician burnout: contributors, consequences and solutions. J Intern Med. 2018;283(6):516-529. J Intern Med. 2018;283(6):516-529.
- Fink-Miller EL, Nestler LM. Suicide in physicians and veterinarians: risk factors and theories. Curr Opin Psychol. 2018;22:23-26.
- Bao Y, Sun Y, Meng S, et al. 2019-nCoV epidemic: address mental health care to empower society. Lancet. 2020;395(10224):e37-e38.
- Wu P, Fang Y, Guan Z, et al. The psychological impact of the SARS epidemic on hospital employees in China: exposure, risk perception, and altruistic acceptance of risk. Can J Psychiatry. 2009;54(5):302-311.
- Stimpfel AW, Sloane DM, Aiken LH. The longer the shifts for hospital nurses, the higher the levels of burnout and patient dissatisfaction. Health Aff (Millwood). 2012;31(11):2501-2509.
- Sasangohar F, Jones SL, Masud FN, et al. Provider Burnout and Fatigue During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned from a High-Volume Intensive Care Unit. Anesth Analg. April 2020. doi:10.1213/ANE.0000000000004866. [Epub ahead of print.]
- Senni M. COVID-19 experience in Bergamo, Italy. Eur Heart J. April 2020. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehaa279. [Epub ahead of print.]
- Gregory J, de Lepinau J, de Buyer A, et al. The impact of the Paris terrorist attacks on the mental health of resident physicians. BMC Psychiatry. 2019;19(1):79.
- Santarone K, McKenney M, Elkbuli A. Preserving mental health and resilience in frontline healthcare workers during COVID-19. Am J Emerg Med. April 2020. doi:10.1016/j.ajem.2020.04.030. [Epub ahead of print.]
- The Lancet. COVID-19: protecting health-care workers. Lancet. 2020;395(10228):922.
- Greenberg N, Docherty M, Gnanapragasam S, Wessely S. Managing mental health challenges faced by healthcare workers during covid-19 pandemic. BMJ. 2020;26(368):m1211.
- Kang L, Ma S, Chen M, et al. Impact on mental health and perceptions of psychological care among medical and nursing staff in Wuhan during the 2019 novel coronavirus disease outbreak: A cross-sectional study. Brain Behav Immun. March 2020. doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2020.03.028. [Epub ahead of print.]
- Zhang W-R, Wang K, Yin L, et al. Mental Health and Psychosocial Problems of Medical Health Workers during the COVID-19 Epidemic in China. Psychother Psychosom. April 2020:1-9. doi:10.1159/000507639. [Epub ahead of print.]
- Chong M-Y, Wang W-C, Hsieh W-C, et al. Psychological impact of severe acute respiratory syndrome on health workers in a tertiary hospital. Br J Psychiatry. 2004;185(2):127-133.
- Khalid I, Khalid TJ, Qabajah MR, et al. Healthcare Workers Emotions, Perceived Stressors and Coping Strategies During a MERS-CoV Outbreak. Clin Med Res. 2016;14(1):7-14.
- Maunder RG, Lancee WJ, Balderson KE, et al. Long-term psychological and occupational effects of providing hospital healthcare during SARS outbreak. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12(12):1924-1932.
- Rajkumar RP. COVID-19 and mental health: A review of the existing literature. Asian J Psychiatr. 2020;52:102066.