Sign in to PracticeUpdate
Only registered members have full access to PracticeUpdate content.
- McEvoy JW. 2019 Top Stories in Cardiology: The Hygia Chronotherapy Trial. PracticeUpdate website. Accessed November 10, 2020.
- Hermida RC, Crespo JJ, Domínguez-Sardiña M, et al; Hygia Project Investigators. Bedtime hypertension treatment improves cardiovascular risk reduction: the Hygia Chronotherapy Trial. Eur Heart J. 2019 Oct 22. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehz754. Online ahead of print.
- Banegas JR, Ruilope LM, de la Sierra A, et al. Retraction: relationship between clinic and ambulatory blood-pressure measurements and mortality. N Engl J Med. 2020;382(8):786.
- Mehra MR, Desai SS, Kuy S, et al. Retraction: cardiovascular disease, drug therapy, and mortality in Covid-19. N Engl J Med. 2020;382(26):2582.
- Kreutz R, Kjeldsen SE, Burnier M, et al. Blood pressure medication should not be routinely dosed at bedtime. We must disregard the data from the HYGIA project. Blood Press. 2020;29(3):135-136.
- Guthrie G, Poulter N, Macdonald T, et al. Chronotherapy in hypertension: the devil is in the details. Eur Heart J. 2020;41(16):1606-1607.
- Nowbar A. The notorious bedtime blood pressure treatment claims. CVCT CardioBrief. August 5, 2020. Accessed November 10, 2020.
Disclosure statements are available on the authors' profiles: