Sign in to PracticeUpdate
Only registered members have full access to PracticeUpdate content.
- Konda S, Francis J, Motaparthi K, Grant-Kels JM. Future considerations for clinical dermatology in the setting of 21st century American policy reform: corporatization and the rise of private equity in dermatology. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2019;81(1):287-296.
- Hafner K. Why Private Equity is Furious Over a Paper in a Dermatology Journal.
- Casalino LP, Saini R, Bhidya S, et al. Private equity acquisition of physician practices. Ann Intern Med. 2019;170(2):114-115.
- Gondi S, Song Z. Potential implications of private equity investments in health care delivery. JAMA. 2019;321(11):1047-1048.
- Resneck JS Jr. Dermatology practice consolidation fueled by private equity investment: potential consequences for the specialty and patients. JAMA Dermatol. 2018;154(1):13-14.
- Tan S, Seiger K, Renehan P, et al. Trends in private equity acquisition of dermatology practices in the United States. JAMA Dermatol. 2019 Jul 24. doi: 10.1001/jamadermatol.2019.1634. [Epub ahead of print.]
- Sharfstein JM, Slocum J. Private equity and dermatology–first, do no harm. JAMA Dermatol. 2019 Jul 24. doi: 10.1001/jamadermatol.2019.1322. [Epub ahead of print.]
- Hafner P. Skin cancers rise along with questionable treatments. New York Times. 2017 (11/20/2017).
- Whoriskey P, Keating D. Overdoses, bedsores, broken bones: what happened when a private-equity firm sought to care for society’s most vulnerable. The Washington Post. November 25, 2018. Last accessed October 10, 2019.
- Dubb S. How Private Equity Drove the Nation’s Second-Largest Nursing Home Chain into the Ground. November 27, 2018. Last accessed October 10, 2019.
- Creswell J, Abelson R, Sanger-Katz M. The company behind many surprise emergency room bills. The New York Times. July 24, 2017. Last accessed October 10, 2019.
- Sanger-Katz M, Creswell J, Abelson R. Mystery Solved: Private-Equity backed firms are behind ad-blitz on “Surprise billing.” The New York Times. Last accessed 10/10/19
- Relman AS. The new medical-industrial complex. N Engl J Med. 1980;303(17):963-970.
DeWane M, Mostow E, Grant-Kels JM. The corporatization of care in academic dermatology. Clin Dermatology. [In press.]
Disclosure statements are available on the authors' profiles: