Wolfgang Wick MDProf. Dr. Med. Wolfgang Wick, Chairman, Neurology Clinic, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Dr. Wolfgang Wick, is Division Head of Neuro-Oncology at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Program Chair of Neuro-Oncology at the National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT), and Professor of Neurology and Chairman at the Neurology Clinic in Heidelberg, Germany.
He received training in neurology at the University of Tübingen Medical School Department of Neurology in Tübingen, Germany, then at medical schools at the University of Bonn (Germany), King’s College in London (UK), and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts (USA).
He is currently conducting multicenter phase I–III randomized trials for the Neurooncology Working Group (NOA) of the German Cancer Society, the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC), the EU GAPVAC consortium, as well as a number of multicenter trials with the pharmaceutical industry. He is a steering committee member of the European Association for Neurooncology, and the EORTC Brain Tumor Group, which he chaired for over 6 years. Currently he is chair of the NOA.
Dr. Wick’s main scientific interests include resistance mechanisms, immunotherapy, biomarkers, and radiosensitization. He has written almost 300 publications in peer-reviewed journals, such as the Journal of Clinical Oncology, Lancet Oncology, Cancer Research, Nature, Nature Medicine, Neurology, Neuro Oncology, Annals of Neurology, The New England Journal of Medicine, and Journal of Clinical Investigation.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Dendritic Cell Vaccines for Glioblastoma
- Genomically Targeted Therapies in Neuro-Oncology
- ESMO 2018: SL-701, A Novel Peptide-Based Immunotherapy for Recurrent Glioblastoma
- Mismatch Repair Deficiency in Glioma Patients
- Bevacizumab in Glioblastoma: A Review of Recent Data
- Integrating New Diagnostic Technologies in the Management of GBM
- A Review of Major Trials From SNO 2017: The Medical Oncology Perspective
- An Update on Vaccines for Glioblastomas
- Emerging Science in Gliomas and Glioblastomas: A Review
- ASCO 2017: Emerging Data on Therapies for Gliomas