Wayne J G Hellstrom MD, FACSProfessor of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine; Chief of Andrology (Male Infertility and Sexual Dysfunction), Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana
Dr. Wayne J.G. Hellstrom is professor of urology and chief of andrology (male infertility and sexual dysfunction) at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, where he has been a faculty member since 1988. His practice is specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of male sexual dysfunction including Peyronie's disease, surgical and vascular reconstruction, prosthetic surgery, male infertility (both surgical and medical therapies), male hypogonadism, premature ejaculation, BPH, and urethral stricture disease.
A clinician, author, and lecturer, Dr. Hellstrom has published over 300 peer-reviewed articles in professional publications and has authored numerous chapters in textbooks. He also is the editor of three textbooks: "Male Infertility and Sexual Dysfunction," "The Handbook of Sexual Dysfunction" and “Textbook of Male Hypogonadism.”
Dr. Hellstrom earned his undergraduate and medical degrees at McGill University in Montreal and completed his urology residency at the University of California at San Francisco and his fellowship/AUA scholarship at the University of California at Davis. Dr. Hellstrom has been awarded many honors in the field of urology, male infertility, and erectile dysfunction, and is currently the President-Elect of the International Society of Sexual Medicine (ISSM), and past president of the Sexual Medical Society of North America and the American Society of Andrology. In addition, he is associate editor of The Journal of Sexual Medicine.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Long-Term Surgical, Functional, and Patient-Reported Outcomes of a Modified Corporoplasty
- Safety and Efficacy of Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum for the Treatment of Peyronie's Disease
- Safety of Collagenase C. histolyticum for Peyronie Disease in Patients Using Antiplatelet or Anticoagulant Therapy
- How Cannabis Alters Sexual Experience
- Cost Effectiveness of Surgery, Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum, and Penile Traction Therapy in Men With Peyronie’s Disease
- Low Free Testosterone Is Associated With a Low Prostate Cancer Risk
- Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum in the Treatment of Peyronie's Disease
- Testosterone Treatment Increases Coronary Artery Plaque Volume in Older Men With Low Testosterone
- Testosterone Replacement Associated With Lower Cardiovascular Risk Among Men With Androgen Deficiency
- The Number of Cycles of Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum Impacts Outcomes in Peyronie's Disease