Viola Franke MDPhD Candidate, Surgical Oncology, Netherlands Cancer Institute – Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dr. Viola Franke is a PhD candidate in surgical oncology at the Netherlands Cancer Institute – Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, in Amsterdam, where she completed her surgical oncology residency. Her research is focused on metastatic melanoma, in particular treatment with T-VEC (oncolytic viral immunotherapy). She is also a resident in dermatology at Erasmus Medical Center (EMC) in Rotterdam.
Dr. Franke received her medical degree from the University of Amsterdam. Her primary interests are in dermatology, oncology, surgery, and research.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Recurrent Metastatic Melanoma in Mentally Impaired Patient
- Newly Diagnosed Metastatic Melanoma in a Fit 46-Year-Old Patient
- 43 Year Old Male With Progressive Stage IV Melanoma, Previously Treated With Multiple Adjuvant Systemic Therapies Including 2 Trials
- BRAF Wildtype Melanoma Progressive on Nivolumab Monotherapy
- Disease Progression of Metastatic Melanoma on Nivolumab Monotherapy
- 50-year-old Male With Extensive Disease Progression After 3 Lines of Treatment