Viola Franke MDPhD Candidate, Surgical Oncology, Netherlands Cancer Institute – Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dr. Viola Franke is a PhD candidate in surgical oncology at the Netherlands Cancer Institute – Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, in Amsterdam, where she completed her surgical oncology residency. Her research is focused on metastatic melanoma, in particular treatment with T-VEC (oncolytic viral immunotherapy). She is also a resident in dermatology at Erasmus Medical Center (EMC) in Rotterdam.
Dr. Franke received her medical degree from the University of Amsterdam. Her primary interests are in dermatology, oncology, surgery, and research.
DisclosuresTrainer for nurses and physician assistants in dermato-oncology for Mark 2 Academy and Stichting Oncowijs.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Adjuvant Systemic Therapy or Watchful Waiting in Patient With Multiple Comorbidities?
- Progression of Disease in a Patient With Previous irAE on Ipi+Nivo; What's Next?
- Young Patient With Li-Fraumeni Syndrome With Melanoma Metastasis of Unknown Primary
- Recurrence of Disease During Fertility Procedures; Patient Tailored Treatment?
- Local or Systemic Treatment of Possible Pulmonary Metastasis?
- Continuation of Dabrafenib + Trametinib Post-Surgery — Yes or No?
- A Different Kind of BRAF Mutation — BRAF/MEKi or Follow-Up?
- Non Responder to Neo-Adjuvant Immunotherapy
- Fit Mid-Fifties Female Patient With Progressive Brain Metastasis, Previous Serious Toxicity on Ipi/Nivo
- Possible Systemic Recurrence and/or Solitary Cutaneous In-Transit Metastasis in 79 Year Old Male Patient