Vanita R. Aroda MDDirector, Diabetes Clinical Research, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Vanita Aroda is the Director of Diabetes Clinical Research at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, MA, and is Member of the Faculty of Harvard Medical School. Dr. Aroda completed her training in Internal Medicine and in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at the University of California San Diego, CA, USA.
Dr. Aroda has an interest and published record in diabetes prevention and novel therapeutics in diabetes and weight management. She also has a strong interest in understanding therapeutic interventions in large Phase 3 and 4 clinical trials and their applicability and integration into care. Dr. Aroda has years of experience in clinical trial conduct and leadership, has served as an investigator on the National Institutes of Health-funded GRADE, D2d, and DPPOS studies, and as the national or international signatory Principal Investigator for several phase 3 clinical trials.
DisclosuresDr. Vanita Aroda reports the following:
- Consultant: Adocia, Astra Zeneca, BD, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi, Zafgen
- Employee: Merck Research Laboratories (Spouse)
- Research Support: Astra Zeneca/BMS, Calibra, Eisai, Janssen, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi, Theracos
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- RCT of Semaglutide in Adults With Overweight or Obesity, and Type 2 Diabetes
- Glycemic Durability of Early Combination Therapy With Vildagliptin and Metformin vs Sequential Metformin Monotherapy in Newly Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes
- Effect of Lorcaserin on Prevention and Remission of Type 2 Diabetes in Overweight and Obese Patients