Ulka Vaishampayan MDChief, Solid Tumor Oncology; Chair, Eisenberg Center of Translational Therapeutics; Charles Martin Endowed Chair of Cancer Research, Karmanos Cancer Center; Professor of Oncology, Detroit, MI Wayne State University, Detroit Michigan
Dr. Ulka Vaishampayan is the Director of the Phase I program at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, and the Chief of Solid Tumor Oncology in the Department of Oncology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. She is a Professor of Oncology at Wayne State University and is Associate Director of the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship program. She has developed, conducted and reported clinical studies in the field of early therapeutics and with a focus on GU malignancies. She has recently obtained funding from the Gateway foundation for a grant project entitled “Phase II trial of BATs and immune checkpoint inhibitor in metastatic prostate cancer.” She is appointed to the Education Committee of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and is a member of the GU committee of the Southwest Oncology Group. She has published in a number of peer reviewed journals such as Journal of Clinical Oncology, Clinical Cancer Research, Cancer, and Urology and has been a coauthor on a paper in the prestigious New England J Medicine. She has also authored numerous review articles, editorials and book chapters. She is an active reviewer for a number of journals including J of Urology, Urology, Cancer, and Int J of Rad Oncol, Biol and Physics.
In summary, Dr. Vaishampayan has conducted clinical research in the management of GU cancers and clinical trials with a variety of novel agents in early therapeutics and translational settings. Her research interests also include trying to evaluate novel pathways and biomarkers in cancers.
DisclosuresDr. Vaishampayan reports the following disclosures:
- Consulting and Honoraria from Bayer, Medivation, Novartis, Pfizer, BMS and Exelixis.
- Research support from Exelixis, Novartis, Astellas and BMS.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Current Concepts in the Treatment of Non-Clear Cell Kidney Cancer
- A Review of Urothelial Cancer Trials From ASCO GU 2018
- ASCO GU 2018: Enzalutamide vs Bicalutamide for Metastatic Hormone Sensitive Prostate Cancer
- Comparative Data on First Line mCRPC From ASCO GU 2018
- MY APPROACH to Platinum-Ineligible Bladder Cancer Patients
- Frontline Systemic Therapy for RCC: An Overview From ASCO GU 2017