Tricia C. Elliott MD, FAAFPSenior Vice President, Academic, and Research Affairs, Chief Academic Officer, Designated Institutional Official, John Peter Smith Health Network, Fort Worth, Texas; Professor, Family Medicine, Texas Christian University School of Medicine; Affiliate Professor, Family Medicine, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine; Adjunct Professor, Family Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Texas
Tricia C. Elliott, MD, FAAFP graduated from Rice University and received her medical degree from University of Texas Medical Branch. She went on to complete her residency in Family Medicine at Albert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center Residency Program in Social Medicine.
Dr. Elliott is board certified in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine. She is the immediate past president of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine and a past president and past board chair of the Texas Academy of Family Physicians. She has provided administrative and clinical leadership across various types of health systems, including academic medical centers, a multi-specialty group practice, and a community-based, university-affiliated teaching hospital, in the roles of clinical faculty, program director, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, Senior Vice President of Medical Staff, and currently as Senior Vice President of Academic & Research Affairs/Chief Academic Officer/DIO at JPS Health Network in Fort Worth, Texas. She is Professor in Family Medicine at Texas Christian University School of Medicine, Affiliate Professor at University of North Texas Health Science Center Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, and Adjunct Professor at University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine.
Dr. Elliott's academic interests include graduate and undergraduate medical education, learner assessments, health care advocacy and policy, and leadership development and mentoring. Her clinical interests include primary prevention, chronic disease management, women's health, migraine management, ambulatory procedural training, patient education, and community medicine. Her personal interests include singing/vocal performance, collecting art, cooking, dancing, public speaking, and travel.
Tricia C. Elliott, MD, has no financial arrangement or affiliation with a corporate organization or a manufacturer of a product discussed in this supplement.
Dr. Elliott reported no disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Secondary Headache Attributed to Exposure to or Overuse of a Substance
- Cervical Cancer Screening Guideline Update for Individuals at Average Risk
- Urine-Based Genomic Assay to Triage Patients With Hematuria for Cystoscopy
- African American COVID-19 Mortality: A Sentinel Event
- Association of Race and Ethnicity With Late-Life Depression
- Efficacy of Gabapentin for the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Alcoholics Anonymous and Other 12-Step Programs for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Comparison of the Long-Term Impact and Clinical Outcomes of Fewer Doses and Standard Doses of HPV in the US
- Hormone Therapy for Postmenopausal Women
- Sustained Weight Loss and Risk of Breast Cancer in Women ≥50 Years