Tina Thethi MD, MPH, FACEEndocrinologist, AdventHealth Diabetes Institute, and Associate Investigator, Translational Research Institute, AdventHealth, Orlando, Florida
Tina Kaur Thethi MD, MPH, FACE, is an Endocrinologist at the AdventHealth Diabetes Institute, as well as Associate Investigator at the AdventHealth Translational Research Institute in Orlando, Florida. Dr. Thethi’ s research interests center around obesity, type 2 diabetes and it’s complications with a focus on diabetic kidney disease. To better understand the pathogenesis of diabetic kidney disease and find biomarkers that identify diabetic kidney disease earlier is a key goal of Dr. Thethi’ s research career. Other areas of interest include studying gender and racial differences in obesity, endothelial dysfunction, and cardiovascular disease in type 2 diabetes mellitus.
DisclosuresDr. Theti is on the speaker's bureau for Novo Nordisk and is one of the National Leads for the study SOUL (Novo Nordisk).
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Short-Term Weight Loss Decreases the Risk of Chronic Kidney Disease in Men With Incident NAFLD
- Effects of Metabolic Factors, Race-Ethnicity, and Sex on the Development of Nephropathy in Adolescents and Young Adults With Type 2 Diabetes
- Oral Semaglutide in Patients With T2DM
- A Smartphone Application–Based Lifestyle Coaching Program Improves Glycemic Control and Neonatal Outcomes in Women With Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Early Detection of Diabetic Kidney Disease by Urinary Proteomics and Subsequent Intervention With Spironolactone to Delay Progression