Thomas J. Guzzo MD, MPHChief of Urology and Associate Program Director, University of Pennsylvania Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Guzzo is Chief of Urology and Associate Program Director at the University of Pennsylvania. He is a graduate of Temple University School of Medicine. He completed his general surgery internship and urology residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Guzzo completed a fellowship at the James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute of the Johns Hopkins Hospital in urologic oncology. During his fellowship he also earned a Masters in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He is extensively trained in the treatment of all aspects of urologic malignancies including open, laparoscopic, endoscopic and robotic surgical treatment for such malignancies.
Dr. Guzzo’s clinical areas of expertise include the surgical treatment of prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancer. He has one of the largest urologic oncology practices in the region and specializes in open, endoscopic and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Additionally, He is a member of the Penn Academy of master clinicians.
Dr. Guzzo also maintains a productive urologic oncology research program. He is a Prostate Cancer Foundation young investigator award recipient. He is the director of the urologic oncology research laboratory at the University of Pennsylvania. He has published over 120 peer-reviewed manuscripts, over a dozen book chapters and is the editor of two text books in urology.
DisclosuresNo disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- ASCO GU 2021: Recommendations From Dr. Thomas Guzzo
- 2020 Top Stories in Urology: 2-Year Follow-Up Data From KEYNOTE-057
- ASCO 2020: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Tom Guzzo for Genitourinary Cancer
- ASCO 2020: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Thomas Guzzo for Genitourinary Cancer
- Chemotherapy After Prostatectomy for High-Risk Prostate Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy or Radiotherapy for High- and Very High–Risk Prostate Cancer
- Survival Outcomes of Radical Prostatectomy vs EBRT in Prostate Cancer Patients With Gleason Score 9–10 at Biopsy
- Combined EBRT and Brachytherapy vs Radical Prostatectomy With Adjuvant Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer
- Ureteroenteric Strictures After Open and Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy
- ASCO 2019: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Tom Guzzo for Genitourinary Cancer