Susan Fox MB, ChB, MRCP(UK), PhDHead, Division of Neurology, University Health Network; Professor of Neurology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Fox, MB, ChB, MRCP(UK), PhD, is Head of the Division of Neurology, University Health Network and Sinai Health Systems; holds the Krembil Family Chair of Neurology; Professor of Neurology, University of Toronto and Associate Director of the Movement Disorder Clinic, Toronto Western Hospital. Dr. Fox is chair-elect of the Pan-American section of the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) (2021-23). She has served on committees, grant review and advisory boards for MDS, NIH, CIHR, Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson research and DMRF among others.
Dr. Fox has over 20 years’ experience in preclinical models of Parkinson’s disease and translational studies of novel pharmacological therapies for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders such as dystonia. She has published over 170 peer-reviewed papers, reviews and book chapters in the field and is a regular speaker at national and international conferences.
DisclosuresDr. Fox reports the following:
- Clinic support from the Edmond J Safra Foundation for Parkinson Research; National Parkinson Foundation and the Toronto Western and General Foundation. Salary from UHN Dept of Medicine Practice Plan
- Research Funding from Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson Research, NIH (Dystonia Coalition); CIHR; Parkinson Canada.
- Honoraria from the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society and American Academy of Neurology
- Site PI for Clinical Trials for Biotie, Cynapsus, Eisai, Revance.
- Consultancy/Speaker fees from Acadia; Atuka; Sunovion; Teva; Paladin
- Royalties from Oxford University Press