Sumeet S. Chugh MDPauline and Harold Price Professor; Associate Director of the Smidt Heart Institute; Director of the Heart Rhythm Center and Director, Division of Artificial Intelligence, Dept of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Health System, Los Angeles, California
Dr. Chugh is the Pauline and Harold Price Professor, Associate Director of the Smidt Heart Institute, Director of the Heart Rhythm Center and Director, Division of Artificial Intelligence, Dept of Medicine at Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles, USA. He is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist and investigator, and his research efforts have focused on novel methods for prediction and prevention of sudden cardiac death.
Dr. Chugh is an elected member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation and the Association of American Physicians. He is Past-President of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Society and the Association of University Cardiologists. The Center for Cardiac Arrest Prevention directed by Dr. Chugh is funded by the US National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, and he has published over 250 peer-reviewed scientific papers with >90,000 citations as of July 2023.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Sports-Related Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Older Adults
- Variation in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Survival Across Emergency Medical Service Agencies
- Gender-Based Differences in Outcomes Following Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest
- Sudden Death in HFpEF
- Score of Five Routinely Assessed Variables Predict Pre-Hospital Sudden Cardiac Death
- Predicting an Acute Coronary Lesion in Cardiac Arrest Patients
- Left Ventricular Mass and the Risk for Sudden Cardiac Death
- Protein Biomarkers Identify Patients Unlikely to Benefit From Primary Prevention ICDs
- Cardiomyocyte Injury Assessed by a Highly Sensitive Troponin Assay and Sudden Cardiac Death in the Community: The Cardiovascular Health Study