Silvio E. Inzucchi MDProfessor of Medicine (Endocrinology); Clinical Director, Section of Endocrinology; Director, Yale Diabetes Center; Director, Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Dr. Silvio Inzucchi is professor of medicine at the Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, where he serves as the clinical chief of the Section of Endocrinology, program director of the Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship, and the medical director of the Yale Diabetes Center.
Dr. Inzucchi received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School, in Boston, Massachusetts. He completed his residency in internal medicine and his post-doctoral fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at Yale–New Haven Hospital.
Dr. Inzucchi has been an invited lecturer, both nationally and internationally, on many topics, most pertaining to clinical diabetes management. He has authored or coauthored more than 500 manuscripts, chapters, and abstracts, some published in the foremost medical journals, including The New England Journal of Medicine and JAMA. He has served on editorial boards for numerous scientific journals, including Diabetes Care and the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.
Dr. Inzucchi has a large academic clinical practice involving a wide spectrum of patients with endocrine diseases, with a focus on diabetes and pituitary/adrenal diseases. His current research interests include anti-hyperglycemic therapy in both the inpatient and outpatient settings and the link among type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, and cardiovascular complications.
Professor of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine; Clinical Chief, Section of Endocrinology; Program Director, Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship; Director, Yale Diabetes Center, New Haven, Connecticut.
MD: Harvard Medical School
Fellowship (endocrinology and metabolism): Yale–New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut
Anti-hyperglycemic therapy; the link among type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, and cardiovascular complications
The following are Dr. Silvio Inzucchi's disclosures:
Consultant/Clinical Trial Committees: AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Novo Nordisk, Merck, Pfizer, Bayer
Lectures: AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2023 Top Story in Diabetes: The SELECT Trial
- Semaglutide and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients With Obesity Without Diabetes
- Islet Autoimmunity in Human Type 1 Diabetes From the Perspective of the Beta Cell
- Non-Steroidal Mineralocorticoid Receptor Antagonists in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease and Type 2 Diabetes
- Potential Preventive Properties of GLP-1 Receptor Agonists Against Prostate Cancer
- Impact of Telehealth Use on Clinical Outcomes in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Pillars of Therapy to Slow Diabetic Nephropathy Progression
- Assessment of Patients With Heart Failure Symptoms and Risk Factors
- Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: JACC Scientific Statement
- Effects of Dapagliflozin on Hospitalisations in People With Type 2 Diabetes