Shyoko Honiden MD, MScAssociate Professor of Medicine, Director of Simulation for Internal Medicine, Program Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program, Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Dr. Shyoko Honiden is a pulmonologist and critical care specialist practicing in New Haven, Connecticut. She is the Program Director for the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine fellowship program at the Yale School of Medicine. Her clinical focus is on the delivery of complex care in the ICU, particularly in the care of patients with ARDs, sepsis, and acute liver failure. Her clinical and research interests also include metabolic issues pertaining to hyperglycemia and nutritional support during critical illness.
Dr. Honiden serves in a variety of leadership roles in the realm of medical education. In addition to being the fellowship program director, she serves as the director for the Medial ICU Electives program for students and residents, and is involved in simulation and experiential curriculum development. She is an active participant in ICU related quality-improvement projects as well.
Dr. Honiden has a master’s degree from the Division of Health Services Research at Stanford University School of Medicine and earned her medical degree from Brown Medical School (the joint program between Dartmouth and Brown). She underwent residency training in internal medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, where she also completed a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine. She is a member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine, American Thoracic Society, American College of Chest Physicians, and the American Board of Internal Medicine. She is board-certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine, and critical care medicine.
DisclosuresDr. Honiden reports no disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Update on COPD in 2020
- High-Dimensional Characterization of Post-Acute Sequalae of COVID-19
- 2020 Top Stories in Respiratory Medicine: The DEXA-ARDS Trial
- Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted
- Pharmacologic Treatments for COVID-19
- Interim Guidance for Basic and Advanced Life Support in Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- First Known Person-to-Person Transmission of COVID-19 in the United States
- Air, Surface Environmental, and PPE Contamination by SARS-CoV-2
- 2019 Top Stories in Respiratory Medicine: Targeted Temperature Management
- Early Enteral Nutrition in Patients Undergoing Sustained Neuromuscular Blockade