Shilpa Gupta MDGenitourinary Oncologist, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, Ohio
Dr. Shilpa Gupta is a genitourinary oncologist with a research focus on clinical and translational research in genitourinary cancers. Prior to joining the Cleveland Clinic in June 2019, Dr. Gupta was an associate professor at the University of Minnesota where she led the phase I interdisciplinary Solid Tumor Program and Genitourinary Oncology Research.
Dr. Gupta obtained her medical degree at the Lady Hardinge Medical College in New Delhi, India, after which she completed a fellowship in emergency medicine through the Royal College of General Practitioners in the UK. She went on to do residency training in internal medicine at the University of Connecticut, and she completed a hematology/oncology fellowship at Georgetown University and Thomas Jefferson University. She then pursued a genitourinary translational research fellowship at Thomas Jefferson. Dr. Gupta is widely published and has presented her work at several national and international forums. She is a member of the American Urologic Association, Society of Urologic Oncology, European Society for Medical Oncology, American Association for Cancer Research, American Society of Clinical Oncology, and American Society of Hematology, among other professional organizations.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Myeloid Cell–Associated Resistance to PD-1/PD-L1 Blockade in Urothelial Cancer
- Redefining Cisplatin-Eligibility for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- A New Prognostic Model in Patients With Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma Treated With First-Line Lmmune Checkpoint Inhibitors
- Enfortumab Vedotin Among Cisplatin-Ineligible Patients With Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma
- ASCO GU 2021: Recommendations From Dr. Shilpa Gupta
- Novel Targets for the Treatment of Bladder Cancer
- Key Takeaways From ESMO: Novel Frontline Therapies for Advanced Bladder Cancer
- Cabozantinib and Nivolumab Alone or With Ipilimumab for Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma and Other Genitourinary Tumors
- Avelumab Maintenance for Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma
- Maintenance Therapy for Metastatic Urothelial Cancer