Seth M. Pantanelli MD, MSProfessor and Vice Chair of Clinical Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Dr. Pantanelli is Professor of Ophthalmology and Vice Chair of Clinical Research at the Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, PA. Dr. Pantanelli received his undergraduate and master’s degrees in biomedical engineering and optics from the University of Rochester, and his medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry. He completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of Rochester Medical Center’s Flaum Eye Institute and a fellowship in cornea, external disease, and refractive surgery at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute. Dr. Pantanelli is Medical Director for the Gift of Life Eye Bank. He is a member of the Cornea Society and is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Pantanelli has authored or co-authored more than 40 peer-reviewed articles, as well as multiple book chapters. He is a recognized speaker nationally and internationally on intraocular lens power calculations and cataract surgical training. He has been received the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching at Penn State multiple times.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Accuracy of New IOL Calculation Formulae in Patients Undergoing Silicone Oil Removal or Pars Plana Vitrectomy With Concomitant Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Crosslinking Biomechanics Evaluated by a Novel Differential Tonometry Method
- Need for Eye Protection Against Toy Gun Eye Injuries
- Biometry in Cataract Surgery
- Blood-Derived Topical Therapy for Ocular Surface Diseases