Samuel Dagogo-Jack MD, FRCPA.C. Mullins Chair in Translational Research; Professor of Medicine; Director, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism; University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Dr. Samuel Dagogo-Jack is the A. C. Mullins Chair in Translational Research, Professor of Medicine, and Director of the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) in Memphis. In addition, he is the Director of the Endocrinology Fellowship Training Program and the Director of the General Clinical Research Center at UTHSC.
Dr. Dagogo-Jack graduated from the University of Ibadan Medical School, Nigeria. He underwent residency training in internal medicine at the Royal Victoria Infirmary at the University of Newcastle in the UK and was certified as a member of the Royal College of Physicians. He earned a Master of Science degree and a doctorate in medicine at the University of Newcastle for his work on epidermal growth factor. Dr. Dagogo-Jack completed fellowship training in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism at Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis, Missouri.
His publications include contributions to 16 books and more than 200 scientific papers and abstracts. Dr. Dagogo-Jack is an active member of the Endocrine Society and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
A. C. Mullins Chair in Translational Research; Professor of Medicine; Chief, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism; Director, Endocrinology Fellowship Training Program; Director, General Clinical Research Center, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee
MD: University of Ibadan Medical School, Nigeria
MSc: University of Newcastle, UK
Fellowship (endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism): Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri
Residency (internal medicine): Royal Victoria Infirmary, University of Newcastle, UK
Diabetes and general endocrinology
Pathobiology of pre-diabetes; diabetes prevention; regulation of leptin in humans
1. Serve(d) as Consultant for: Merck, Novo Nordisk & Janssen Pharmaceuticals.
2. Serve(d) as Principal Investigator for Research Contracts with the University of Tennessee from: AstraZeneca, Novo Nordisk & Boehringer Ingelheim.
3. Serve(d) as Legal Expert Consultant on Diabetes for: Sidley Austin, and Adams and Reese, LLP.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Knowledge of Glycemic Status and Macronutrient Intake
- 2014 Top Stories in Diabetes: Inpatient Hypoglycemia
- Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D and Diabetes in the Elderly
- High-Dose Vitamin D Supplementation Does Not Affect Glycemic Status or CV Risk Factors in Prediabetes
- Race/Ethnicity and Glycemia in Young Patients With Newly Diagnosed Diabetes
- Serum Lipids vs 1-Hour Post-Load Plasma Glucose in Normoglycemic Individuals
- Fatty Pancreas, Insulin Resistance, and β-Cell Function in a Chinese Population
- Bariatric Surgery vs Intensive Medical Therapy for Diabetes