Rohit U. Nair BDS, MDSClinical Assistant Professor, Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, The University of Iowa College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
Rohit Nair currently works as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry at The University of Iowa College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics located in Iowa City. He received his basic dental education and advanced training in prosthodontics in his home country, India, before moving to the United States to pursue a Certificate in Geriatric and Special Needs Dentistry. Working in the Delta Dental of Iowa Geriatric and Special Needs Clinic at the dental school, he trains pre-doctoral students in managing the comprehensive oral health needs of older adults and persons with special needs and, also attends to patients in the school's intramural faculty practice clinic. He teaches courses on dental insurance, reimbursement mechanisms and geriatric dentistry. He likes to volunteer time at the Free Medical and Dental Clinic of Iowa City and, through his work, hopes to improve access to oral health care for vulnerable individuals in the community.
DisclosuresDr. Nair has no relevant disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Gerodontology in the Dental School Curriculum
- Masticatory Function in Older Individuals With Bimaxillary Implant-Supported Fixed Prostheses or With Natural Dentition
- Alkaline Peroxide Deteriorates Denture Base Surfaces When Used as a Disinfectant
- Association of Oral Health and Mini Nutritional Assessment in Older Adults
- Aesthetic Crown Lengthening and Lip Repositioning Surgery Can Deliver Notable Improvements in Smile Attractiveness
- Development of a Simple Method to Measure Masseter Muscle Mass
- Updated Perspectives and Advances on Management Strategies for Treatment of Root Caries