Robert G Uzzo MD, MBA, FACSDeputy Chief Clinical Office and Director, Surgical Services, Fox Chase Cancer Center/Jeanes Hospital; Chairman, Department of Surgical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center; G. Willing “Wing” Pepper Professor of Urological Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center/Temple University; Chair, Fox Chase/Einstein Urologic Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Uzzo graduated summa cum laude from Union College and attended Cornell University Medical College. He completed general surgical training followed by urologic surgical training at New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. He was an American Foundation for Urological Diseases Scholar in Urological Oncology and completed both Oncological and Renal Transplantation Fellowships at the Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Uzzo is currently the Deputy Chief Clinical Officer; Director of Surgical Services, Fox Chase Cancer Center/Jeanes Hospital; Chairman of the Department of Surgical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center; and the G. Willing “Wing” Pepper Professor of Urological Oncology at Fox Chase Cancer Center/Temple University. He is also the Chair of the Fox Chase/Einstein Urologic Institute. He maintains an active, funded laboratory investigating kidney and prostate cancer. His clinical interests include minimally invasive urological oncology and renal malignancies. He has authored over 300 peer-reviewed articles in urologic oncology.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Renal Tumor Biopsies for Small Renal Carcinoma Do Not Increase the Risk of Upstaging or Recurrence
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy for ≥T1b Primary Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Selective Clamping During Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy in Patients With a Solitary Kidney
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Stage I Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Oncologic Outcomes Following Partial Nephrectomy and Percutaneous Ablation for cT1 Renal Masses
- Suture Techniques During Laparoscopic and Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy
- Oncologic Outcomes of Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy vs Percutaneous Cryoablation for Renal Masses
- Comparing Off-Clamp and On-Clamp Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy
- Immediate vs Deferred Cytoreductive Nephrectomy in Patients With Synchronous mRCC Receiving Sunitinib
- Renal Cell Carcinoma and Brain Metastasis: Questioning the Dogma of Role for Cytoreductive Nephrectomy