Robert N. Kleinstein OD, MPH, PhDProfessor of Optometry and Public Health, UAB Schools of Optometry and Public Health, Birmingham, Alabama
Dr. Kleinstein holds an O.D., M.P.H. and Ph.D. (physiological optics) from the University of California, Berkeley and is Emeritus Professor of Optometry and Public Health in the UAB School of Optometry, Department of Optometry and Vision Science, having served as chair for twelve years. Research interests center around the role of optometry in vision care needs of the public.
Dr. Kleinstein has no conflicts or disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Ophthalmic Emergency Department Visits: Factors Associated With Loss to Follow-Up
- Racial, Ethnic, and Socioeconomic Associations With Treatment and Survival in Uveal Melanoma
- Demographic and Socioeconomic Differences in Outpatient Ophthalmology Visits in the US
- Loss to Follow-Up of Patients With Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Using a Gold Nanoparticle–Based Paper Strip Assay for the at-Home Detection of the Urinary Biomarker 8-OHdG
- Positive Predictive Value of Optic Disc Hemorrhages for Open-Angle Glaucoma
- Incidence of Myopia Is Highest in Chinese Individuals