Robert N. Kleinstein OD, MPH, PhDEmeritus Professor, Optometry and Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry, Birmingham, Alabama
Dr. Robert Kleinstein is Emeritus Professor of Optometry and Public Health in the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry, Department of Optometry and Vision Science, having served as chair for 12 years. While in tenure at the school, Dr. Kleinstein created the concurrent program of Optometry and Public Health and served as Associate Dean for Professional Programs. His research interests center around the role of optometry in vision care needs of the public.
Dr Kleinstein holds an OD, MPH, and PhD (physiological optics) from the University of California, Berkeley.
Dr. Kleinstein has no conflicts or disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Nonadherence and Nonpersistence to Anti–VEGF in Neovascular AMD
- Time Trends, Associations and Global Burden of Intraocular Foreign Bodies
- 2020 Top Stories in Eye Care: Virtual Ophthalmology: Telemedicine in a COVID-19 Era
- Patterns of Diabetic Retinopathy Progression Over 5 Years
- Ophthalmic Emergency Department Visits: Factors Associated With Loss to Follow-Up
- Racial, Ethnic, and Socioeconomic Associations With Treatment and Survival in Uveal Melanoma
- Demographic and Socioeconomic Differences in Outpatient Ophthalmology Visits in the US
- Loss to Follow-Up of Patients With Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Using a Gold Nanoparticle–Based Paper Strip Assay for the at-Home Detection of the Urinary Biomarker 8-OHdG
- Positive Predictive Value of Optic Disc Hemorrhages for Open-Angle Glaucoma