Robert N. Kleinstein OD, MPH, PhDEmeritus Professor, Optometry and Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry, Birmingham, Alabama
Dr. Robert Kleinstein is Emeritus Professor of Optometry and Public Health in the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry, Department of Optometry and Vision Science, having served as chair for 12 years. While in tenure at the school, Dr. Kleinstein created the concurrent program of Optometry and Public Health and served as Associate Dean for Professional Programs. His research interests center around the role of optometry in vision care needs of the public.
Dr Kleinstein holds an OD, MPH, and PhD (physiological optics) from the University of California, Berkeley.
Dr. Kleinstein has no conflicts or disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Prevalence and Predictors for Being Unscreened for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Visual Burden, Barriers, and Access to Eye Care in an Urban Setting
- Socioeconomic Correlates of Keratoconus Severity and Progression
- Ocular Sequelae in Youth Diagnosed With Diabetes
- 2021 Top Story in Eye Care: Telehealth in Ophthalmology
- Association of Smoking, Alcohol Consumption, Blood Pressure, BMI, and Glycemic Risk Factors With AMD
- Socioeconomic Deprivation Is a Risk Factor for Acute Primary Angle Closure
- Disparities in Eye Care Access During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Nonadherence and Nonpersistence to Anti–VEGF in Neovascular AMD
- Time Trends, Associations and Global Burden of Intraocular Foreign Bodies