Reshma L. Mahtani DOAssociate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology; Co-Leader Breast Cancer Program; Director of Community Outreach, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Health System, Deerfield Beach, Florida
Dr.Reshma L. Mahtani is a medical oncologist practicing in South Florida. She is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center in Deerfield Beach, Florida. She is Co-Leader of the Breast Cancer Program and Director of Community Outreach.
After completing her master of science degree in neuroscience at the University of Connecticut, Dr. Mahtani went on to the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, where she received her medical degree. She completed internship at Greenwich Hospital, a Yale-affiliate, in Greenwich, Connecticut, and undertook residency training at St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center in New York, where she also completed her fellowship in Hematology/Oncology. She is a graduate of the Harvard Global Clinical Scholars Training Program.
Dr. Mahtani is committed to medical education. She speaks nationally and internationally and has served as Program Director for several officially licensed Best of ASCO programs. She is an active clinical researcher and her research focuses on novel therapies for the treatment of breast cancer. As Interim Co-Leader of the Breast Cancer Program at Sylvester, she oversees the clinical trial program across the network. She has served on the ASCO Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Steering Committee and is a member of the editorial board of The Breast Journal.
Co-Leader Breast Cancer Program, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Health System, Deerfield Beach, Florida
DO: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
MS (Neuroscience): University of Connecticut
Fellowship: St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center, New York, New York
Certificate: Harvard Global Clinical Scholars Training Program
Breast cancer, novel therapeutics
Reshma L. Mahtani, D.O. has served as a consultant/advisor for Agendia, Amgen, Astra Zeneca, Biotheranostics, Daiichi, Eisai, Genentech, Immunomedics, Lilly, Novartis, Pfizer, Puma and Seattle Genetics. Contracted grant/research support (to institution) from Genentech.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Sacituzumab Govitecan Improves Survival in Metastatic TNBC
- Veliparib and Lapatinib in Patients With Metastatic, Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Selective Estrogen Receptor Degrader Elacestrant in ER-Positive, HER2-Negative Advanced Breast Cancer
- Selecting Chemotherapy for Metastatic Breast Cancer in Clinical Practice
- Leuprorelin Combined With Letrozole ± Everolimus in Ovarian-Suppressed Premenopausal Women With HR+ HER2− Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Palbociclib in Combination With Endocrine Therapy vs Capecitabine in HR-Positive, HER2-Negative, Aromatase Inhibitor–Resistant Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Predictive Value of Circulating Tumor DNA After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Secondary Endpoints From a Trial of Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy for Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Updated Results From a Trial of Trastuzumab Deruxtecan for HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Alpelisib Plus Fulvestrant for PIK3CA-Mutated, HR-Positive, HER2-Negative Advanced Breast Cancer