Rene Sotelo MDProfessor of Clinical Urology, USC Institute of Urology, Los Angeles, California
Rene Sotelo MD is one of the most expert & experienced laparoscopic/robotic surgeons internationally. Hailing from Latin America, he is a pioneer in robotic surgery for complex urinary fistulae in females and males, benign prostate enlargement & inguinal lymph node dissection for cancer. He has helped develop the novel concepts of single-port "belly-button" and natural orifice surgery. Professor Sotelo’s experience with advanced robotic & laparoscopic surgery exceeds 2,500 personal cases, making him amongst the most experienced in the world.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Urinary Function and Complication Outcomes After Robotic Simple Prostatectomy
- Robot-Assisted Single-Port Radical Prostatectomy
- Ureteric Stricture Rates and Management After Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy
- Retzius-Sparing Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy Using the Revo-i Robotic Surgical System
- Video-Endoscopic Radical Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection vs Open Radical Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection for Penile Cancer