R. D. G. Leslie MD, FRCPProfessor of Diabetes and Autoimmunity, Queen Mary, University of London, London, United Kingdom; Lead Professor, International Medical Faculty, Campus BioMedico, University of Rome, Rome, Italy; Emeritus Professor, Central South University, Changsha, China
David Leslie is Professor of Diabetes and Autoimmunity at Barts and the Royal London School of Medicine, London, UK, and Lead Professor, International Medical Faculty, Campus Biomedico, University of Rome, Italy. Elected President of the Association of Physicians of Great Britain (2012) and foundation Fellow (FAoP)(2021), he was a Wellcome Trust Senior Fellow in Clinical Science and MRC Travelling Fellow. He has published over 250 articles and 12 books. As Principle Investigator of three major European Union programmes (BLUEPRINT, Action LADA and EXALT), he is a leader in non-genetic effects causing autoimmune diabetes, adult-onset autoimmune diabetes and immunotherapy of type 1 diabetes respectively. He was Founding Chairman of the national consortium T1DUK, current Editor of Diabetes, Metabolism, Research and Reviews, and Director of the British Diabetic Twin Study. Twice elected to the Editorial Board of Diabetes Care, he is Emeritus Professor (Central South University, China), president of an INSERM grant committee and formerly Visiting Professor at University of Chicago.
MRCS LRCP, University of London, UK - 1972
MB BS, University of London, UK - 1972
MD, University of London, UK - 1980
MRCP, Royal College of Physicians, London, UK - 1974
FRCP, Royal College of Physicians, London, UK - 1989
FAoP, Association of Physicians of Great Britain - 2021
DisclosuresProf. Leslie has no relevant disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- All-Cause Mortality and Cardiovascular and Microvascular Diseases in Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults
- Association of Age at Diagnosis With the Presentation or Progression of Adult-Onset Type 1 Diabetes
- Relationship Between Islet Autoantibody Status and Genetic Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Adult-Onset Type 1 Diabetes
- Incidence of Adult-Onset Type 1 Diabetes
- Time-Varying Risk of Microvascular Complications in LADA Compared With Type 2 Diabetes