R. Caleb Kovell MDAssistant Professor of Clinical Urology in Surgery, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Robert Caleb Kovell is an Assistant Professor of Urology in the Department of Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania Health System.
Dr. Kovell received his bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from Cornell University and his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine. He completed his residency training in urology at the University of Pennsylvania Health System before completing a fellowship in genitourinary reconstruction and prosthetics at the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center.
He has a particular interest in reconstructive surgery, prosthetics, transitional urologic care, men's health, international urologic outreach, and surgical education. He serves as the director for medical student education in urology at the University of Pennsylvania Health System.
DisclosuresDr. Kovell has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Bulbar Urethroplasty Comparing Excision and Primary Anastomosis vs Buccal Mucosal Grafting
- Pregnancy in Patients With Exstrophy–Epispadias Complex
- Reoperation After Hypospadias Repair: Long-Term Analysis
- Treatment of Urethral Stricture Disease in Women
- Organ-Sparing Plastic Reconstructive Surgery Outcomes for Penile Cancer
- Independent Risk Factors for Failure After Anterior Urethroplasty
- Urological Presentations of Adult Primary Tethered Cord Syndrome
- Long-Term Follow-Up of Urethral Reconstruction for Blunt Urethral Injury at a Young Age
- Focus on Internal Urethrotomy as Primary Treatment for Untreated Bulbar Urethral Strictures
- Substitution Urethroplasty With Closure vs Non-Closure of the Buccal Mucosa Graft Harvest Site