Petros Grivas MD, PhDProfessor, Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology; Clinical Director, Genitourinary Cancers Program, University of Washington; Professor, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, Seattle, Washington
Dr. Petros Grivas has published widely in highly esteemed peer-reviewed journals and has authored more than 240 articles and book chapters. He has been a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), ECOG-ACRIN, ESMO, International Bladder Cancer Network, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network, among other prestigious professional organizations.
With a strong interest in designing and conducting innovative clinical trials, Dr. Grivas's professional interests also involve clinical and translational research on experimental therapeutics in genitourinary cancers via a molecular biology–based approach aiming to translate results into clinical trials. He is dedicated to exceptional patient care, leadership, mentoring/teaching trainees, community outreach, diversity, equity and inclusion.
Having received his medical degree and PhD in medical oncology from the University of Patras School of Medicine in Greece, Dr. Grivas came to the US for his internal medicine residency at Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia. He completed a fellowship in hematology/oncology at the University of Michigan in 2013 and took part in the GME Scholars Health Care Administration and Leadership Program at Michigan between 2012 and 2014.
Consulting: Aadi Bioscience, AstraZeneca, Astellas Pharma, Boston Gene, Bristol Myers Squibb, CG Oncology Inc., Dyania Health, EMD Serono, Exelixis, Fresenius Kabi, Genentech/Roche, Gilead Sciences, Guardant Health, Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Janssen, Lucence Health, MSD, Mirati Therapeutics, Pfizer, PureTech, QED Therapeutics, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Seattle Genetics, Silverback Therapeutics, 4D Pharma PLC, UroGen. His institution has received grants from Bavarian Nordic, Bristol Myers Squibb, Clovis Oncology, Debiopharm, EMD Serono, G1 Therapeutics, Gilead Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline, MSD, Mirati Therapeutics, Pfizer, QED Therapeutics.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2022 Top Story in Bladder Cancer: The Emerging Role of ctDNA in Urothelial Carcinoma
- ESMO 2022: Recommendations From Dr. Petros Grivas for Genitourinary Cancer
- ASCO 2022: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Petros Grivas for Kidney and Bladder Cancer
- Impact of Enfortumab Vedotin Discontinuation on Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma
- Efficacy of Sacituzumab Govitecan by Trop-2 Expression in Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma
- Genomic Profiling of Small Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinomas of the Bladder
- Cancer and COVID-19: Outcomes and Risk Factors
- Sacituzumab Govitecan for Patients With Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma
- The Impact of Maintenance Avelumab on Time to Next Therapy Among Patients With Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma
- Neoadjuvant Nivolumab Plus Lirilumab for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer