Peter A. Lio MD, FAADClinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois; Founding Partner, Medical Dermatology Associates of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois; Founding Director, Chicago Integrative Eczema Center, Chicago, Illinois
Peter Lio, MD, is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology & Pediatrics at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Dr. Lio received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School, completed his internship in Pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital, and his Dermatology training at Harvard where he served as Chief Resident in Dermatology. While at Harvard, he received formal training in acupuncture. Dr. Lio is the founding director of the Chicago Integrative Eczema Center and a founding partner of Medical Dermatology Associates of Chicago. He currently serves as a board member and scientific advisory committee member for the National Eczema Association. He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology’s Atopic Dermatitis Expert Resource Group and a founding faculty member of the Integrative Dermatology Certificate Program. He has over 150 publications and 2 textbooks.
Dr. Lio reports research grants/funding from Regeneron/Sanofi Genzyme, and Abbvie; is on the speaker's bureau for Regeneron/Sanofi Genzyme, Pfizer, and Galderma; reports consulting/advisory boards for UCB, Dermavant, Regeneron/Sanofi Genzyme, Dermira, Pfizer, LEO Pharmaceuticals, Abbvie, Kiniksa, Eli Lilly, Menlo Therapeutics, Galderma, IntraDerm, Exeltis, Realm Therapeutics.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Awareness of Dupilumab-Induced Facial Redness
- Influence of Exercise on Skin Aging, Skin Health, and Androgenetic Alopecia
- Effects of Hydrolyzed Collagen Supplementation on Skin Aging
- Colloidal Oatmeal in Management of Atopic Dermatitis
- Baricitinib Combined With Topical Corticosteroids for Treatment of Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis
- Pearls in Mitigating Application Pain of Topical Nonsteroidal Agents
- Nicotinamide for Resistant Actinic Keratoses
- Consumer Perception of Biotin Supplementation
- Complementary and Alternative Therapy for Pediatric Acne
- The Role of Oral Vitamins and Supplements in the Management of Atopic Dermatitis