Peter Lin MD, CCFPDirector, Primary Care Initiatives, Canadian Heart Research Centre, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Peter Lin began his studies in the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario. Midway through, he moved to the Faculty of Medicine, where he completed his studies and became involved in research. Over the years, it became apparent to him that there was a wide chasm between research and clinical practice, and he moved into clinical practice in primary care and eventually into teaching in order to help bridge this gap. He served as the medical director at the Health & Wellness Centre, University of Toronto Scarborough, for 7 years. Currently, he is the Director of Primary Care Initiatives at the Canadian Heart Research Centre. He lectures and speaks international on a variety of topics and maintains a busy family practice in Toronto.
Dr. Lin was a consultant for Perspectives in Cardiology, and was on the editorial board of The Canadian Review of Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias. He had been the chairman of the Dementia Congress in the US for 4 years. He has also served on the editorial board of Pri-Med. Dr. Lin received a teaching award from the College of Family Physicians in 2011.
Dr. Lin has consulted with the following companies on Continuing Medical Education programs:
Astrazeneca, Boeringher Ingelheim, Bayer, Eli Lilly, Amgen, Janssen, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Servier, Sanofi, Abbott, Mylan, HLS Therapeutics Inc.
He also does Continuing Medical Education for the companies. No clinical trials. No patents.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- The Effects of Intensive Blood Pressure Treatment on Orthostatic Hypotension
- Low-Dose Edoxaban in Very Elderly Patients With Atrial Fibrillation
- Icosapent Ethyl Reduces Plaque Volume in Patients With Elevated Triglycerides on Statin Therapy
- Risk Factors for Structural Progression in Normal-Tension Glaucoma
- Effects of a Major Deletion in the SARS-CoV-2 Genome on the Severity of Infection and the Inflammatory Response
- Evolocumab Reduces Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Metabolic Syndrome Receiving Statin Therapy
- Cost-Effectiveness of Sacubitril–Valsartan in Hospitalized Patients Who Have HFrEF
- Clinical Course and Molecular Viral Shedding Among Asymptomatic and Symptomatic Patients With COVID-19
- SARS-CoV-2–Reactive T Cells in Healthy Donors and Patients With COVID-19
- Dexamethasone in Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19