Oliver Sartor MDDirector, Radiopharmaceutical Trials, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Dr. Oliver Sartor is an internationally recognized expert in prostate cancer. His medical practice and research have focused on prostate cancer since 1990 when he finished a medical oncology fellowship at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). He has published over 500 peer-reviewed articles, led or co-led multiple national and international clinical studies, including four phase III studies pivotal for FDA approval (Quadramet, Xofigo, Pluvicto, and Jevtana). He has lectured widely, and at last count has given invited lectures in 33 countries.
He has served as the past Chairman of the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Integration Panel, is past Editor-in-Chief of the peer-reviewed journal Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, and is the Medical Oncology Chair of the GU committee of NRG, a national cancer research group. He is also a past member of the National Cancer Institute Board of Scientific Counselors (Clinical Sciences and Epidemiology).
CONSULTANT: Advanced Accelerator Applications (AAA), Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc., Bavarian Nordic, Bristol Myers Squibb, Clarity Pharmaceuticals, Clovis, Constellation, Dendreon, EMD Serono, Fusion, Isotopen Technologien Meunchen, Janssen, Merck, Moyvant, Myriad, Noria Therapeutics, Inc., Novartis, Noxopharm, Progenics, POINT Biopharma, Pfizer, Sanofi, Tenebio, Telix, Theragnostics.
Grant/Research Support: Advanced Accelerator Applications, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Constellation, Endocyte, Invitae, Janssen, Lantheus, Merck, Progenics, Tenebio.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Addition of Docetaxel to Androgen Deprivation Therapy in Patients With Metastatic Hormone-Sensitive Prostate Cancer
- 2022 Top Story in Advanced Prostate Cancer: Efficacy of Abiraterone and Prednisolone Alone or With Enzalutamide in High-Risk Nonmetastatic Prostate Cancer
- PSMA-PET as a Predictive and Prognostic Tool in Patients Administered [177Lu]Lu-PSMA-617 vs Cabazitaxel for Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- VISION Trial Analysis of Time-to-Event Endpoints Associated With Radioligand Therapy
- Androgen Annihilation in Patients With High-Risk, Biochemically Relapsed Prostate Cancer
- Gene-Based Confirmatory Germline Testing Following Tumor-Only Sequencing of Prostate Cancer
- Duration of Androgen Deprivation Therapy With Post-Operative Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer
- Abiraterone Plus Enzalutamide for Metastatic Hormone Sensitive Prostate Cancer
- Long-Term Outcomes and Genetic Predictors of Response to Metastasis-Directed Therapy vs Observation in Oligometastatic Prostate Cancer
- Docetaxel for Nonmetastatic Prostate Cancer: Long-Term Survival Outcomes