Nekesha Oliphant MDVice Chair, Inpatient Psychiatry, ACCLAIM, Fort Worth, Texas
Dr. Nekesha Oliphant is board certified in Family Medicine and Psychiatry. She is currently the Vice Chair of Inpatient Psychiatry ACCLAIM Physician group in Fort Worth, TX which provides acute inpatient psychiatric care to adolescents and adults as well as psychiatric consult liaison services at John Peter Smith hospital (JPS). She is also the Medical Director of the Local Commitment Alternative state hospital unit at JPS. She is an Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry for Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine/University of North Texas Health Science Center and Assistant Professor of Behavioral Health at Texas Christian University School of Medicine/University of North Texas health Science Center.
Dr. Oliphant completed Family Medicine Residency at the University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center in McKeesport, PA and Psychiatry Residency at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic in Pittsburgh, PA. She formerly worked as an outpatient Family Medicine practitioner in Big Spring, TX and as an outpatient Psychiatrist for West Texas Centers My Health My Recovery (MHMR) program providing both in-person and telemedicine services. Dr. Oliphant later returned to the Permian Basin area to assist in opening an acute adult inpatient psychiatric unit. Combined training was an integral part of her appointment at the Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, VA where she served as the Medical Director for the Geriatric Psychiatry Unit. Dr. Oliphant focuses on the integration of medical and psychiatric care on all services and in her teaching of students and residents. She has received a number of awards to include “Excellence in Psychiatric Education”, “Teacher of the Year” in the Department of Psychiatry, and Fort Worth Texas “Top Doctor”, “Super Doctor”, and “Rising Star” in the field of psychiatry.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2022 Top Story in Primary Care: Telehealth Psychiatry
- Schizophrenia: Chronic Disease Management
- Depression Screening and Treatment: Resistant Patients
- Schizophrenia: Acute vs Chronic Management
- Schizophrenia: Underlying Disease Mechanisms
- Depression Management: First-Line Treatments
- Schizophrenia Diagnosis and Primary Care
- Schizophrenia Treatment Overview: Primary Care Practitioners
- Depression: Screening and Diagnosis
- Schizophrenia Treatment Overview: Pharmacological and Psychosocial