Mukund Venu MD, FACGAssociate Professor of Medicine, Interim Division Director, and Director of Clinical Operations, Gastroenterology, Loyola University Medical Center; Gastroenterology Fellowship Program Director, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois
Dr. Venu is a graduate of Saint Louis University School of Medicine. He completed his internal medicine residency and gastroenterology fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin, where he developed an interest in gastrointestinal motility and functional gastrointestinal disorders. He currently serves as Interim Division Director and GI Fellowship Program Director at Loyola University Medical Center.
DisclosuresDr. Venu is on the Speaker's Bureau for Medtronic.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Pantoprazole in Patients at Risk for Gastrointestinal Bleeding in the ICU
- PPIs and Risk of Incident Chronic Kidney Disease and Progression to ESRD
- Association of PPIs With Risk of Dementia
- Gastroenterology PracticeChanger in 2015: Hypnosis for Esophageal Disorders
- 2014 Top Stories in Gastroenterology: Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Endoscopic Ultrasound for Esophageal Motor Disorders
- Use of Over-the-Counter vs Prescription Proton Pump Inhibitors for GERD