Minesh P. Mehta MD, FASTRODeputy Director and Chief of Radiation Oncology, Miami Cancer Institute, Miami, Florida
Dr. Minesh Mehta is Deputy Director of the Miami Cancer Institute and Chief of Radiation Oncology. He is also the NRG/Oncology Brain Tumor Committee Chair. Previously, he was Professor of Radiation Oncology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and Medical Director of the Maryland Proton Treatment Center in Baltimore, where he still retains an adjunct faculty appointment.
Dr. Mehta received his medical degree from the University of Zambia in Lusaka, and, after completing an internship at Ndola Central Hospital in Ndola, Zambia, he completed residency training in radiation oncology at the University of Wisconsin, after which he was appointed to the faculty of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine in the Department of Human Oncology. He was appointed to Chairman of the Department of Human Oncology in 1997, a position he held for 10 years. From 2010 to 2012, Dr. Mehta was Professor of Radiation Oncology at Northwestern University in Chicago, where he was also Co-Leader of the Robert H. Lurie Cancer Center Solid Tumor Investigational Program.
Dr. Mehta has published widely, including several hundred journal articles and book chapters in the fields of thoracic and central nervous system tumors. His research has also involved the areas of radiosensitizers, radioprotectors, and radiation oncology technology, specifically intensity-modulated, image-guided radiation therapy.
Dr. Mehta has had responsibilities in several leadership roles, including departmental chairmanship, residency program directorship, medical school course directorship, as well as leadership positions in several national organizations including the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, and the FDA.
Deputy Director and Chief of Radiation Oncology, Miami Cancer Institute, Miami, Florida
MB Ch B, University of Zambia
Thoracic and central nervous system tumors
Research Interests:Clinical trials; proton therapy; radiosensitizers, radioprotectors, and radiation oncology technology
Dr. Mehta discloses consulting relationships with Mevion, Karyopharm, and Tocagen; he is on the Board of Directors of Oncoceutics.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Apatinib in Patients With Advanced Chordoma
- Tumor Microenvironment Is Critical for the Maintenance of Cellular States Found in Primary Glioblastomas
- An Evidence-Based Approach to IDH Mutated High Risk Low-Grade Glioma
- High- vs Low-Dose Radiation for Adult Low-Grade Glioma
- First-Line Radiosurgery vs WBRT for Small Cell Lung Cancer Brain Metastases
- ASCO: Intraoperative Radiation Treatment for Recurrent Glioblastoma
- ASCO: Updates on the Management of CNS Lymphomas
- Selumetinib in Children With Inoperable Plexiform Neurofibromas
- COVID-19 and the Practice of Neuro-Oncology
- A Quantitative Framework for Modeling COVID-19 Risk During Adjuvant GBM Therapy in Elderly Patients