Michael Allen MDAssociate Professor, Family Medicine, Jennie Sealy Hospital, UTMB Health, Galveston, Texas
Dr. Allen is an Associate Professor in Family Medicine at UTMB Health in Galveston, Texas. He earned a Bachelors of Science in Biology and graduated with honors as Summa Cum Laude from The University of Houston. He then earned his Doctorate of Medicine from the McGovern Medical School in Houston, Texas, with the honors of Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed his residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and served as chief resident. His interests include medical and graduate medical education, health care policy and inpatient medicine.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Choosing a Mentor During Residency
- Choosing Academic vs Private Practice
- Choosing Mentors During Fellowship and Beyond
- How Often Should You Meet With Your Mentor(s)?
- Joining Societies and Networking
- Finding Your First Job
- Driving Your Career Through Self-Awareness
- Operative Treatment vs Nonoperative Treatment of Achilles Tendon Ruptures