Melissa Piliang MD, FAADAssistant Professor, Clinical Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Melissa Piliang, MD, FAAD is a dermatologist and dermatopathologist at Cleveland Clinic where she serves as Vice Chair of Education in the Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Institute, associate program director for the dermatology residency and the dermatopathology fellowship and co-director of the Dermatopathology Section. Her areas of interest include dermatopathology, severe alopecia, androgen disorders, and cutaneous infections. Dr. Piliang is active in the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatopathology and Ohio Dermatology Association serving on committees and in leadership positions. She has authored more than 70 scientific papers and textbook chapters and regularly appears in print, radio and television media.
DisclosuresNo relevant disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Association of Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Costs and Financial Burden for Patients With Alopecia Areata
- Evaluation of Universal IHC Screening of Sebaceous Neoplasms in a Service Setting
- Increased Prevalence of Vitamin D Deficiency in Patients With Alopecia Areata
- Minoxidil and Spironolactone Can Treat Female Pattern Hair Loss
- Biotin Supplementation Popularity Exceeds Evidence of Clinical Efficacy