Maria K. Hordinsky MDProfessor and Chair, Department of Dermatology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Maria K. Hordinsky, MD, has been Professor and Chair of the Department of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota for the past 20 years. She is also the Director of the Department’s Clinical Research Division. Dr. Hordinsky is recognized for her expertise and research in hair diseases and the peripheral nervous system as it relates to hair follicle biology. She is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology’s Board of Directors, is engaged with the National Alopecia Areata Foundation and is on the Board of Directors of the Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation. Dr. Hordinsky is also the Immediate Past President of the American Hair Research Society and the Association of Professors of Dermatology
Dr. Hordinsky was a recipient of the Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award and has over 170 publications. She regularly lectures and teaches residents and medical students on hair diseases. She divides her time between doing clinical research, teaching, administration, and seeing patients in her clinical practice associated with University of Minnesota Physicians.
DisclosuresDr. Hordinsky reports the following:
- Grant Recipient: Pfizer, Eli Lilly, National Alopecia Areata Foundation, Concert Pharmaceuticals
- Section Editor: Hair Diseases, UpToDate
- Consultant: Arcutis, Bioniz, Cassiopea, Pulse Biosciences and Rho.
- Devices Gifted to the Department of Dermatology:
- HairMetrix® from Canfield Scientific, Inc.; Photobiomodulation Devices