Man Wai Ng DDS, MPHDentist-in-Chief, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Man Wai Ng, DDS, MPH, is Dentist-in-Chief and the DentaQuest Endowed Chair in Pediatric Oral Health and Dentistry at Boston Children’s Hospital, and Associate Professor of Developmental Biology (Pediatric Dentistry) at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. She received her DDS from Stony Brook University and her MPH from the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. She completed a general practice residency at Booth Memorial Medical Center, fellowship in dental care for special needs patients at Helen Hayes Hospital and pediatric dental residency at Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard. Dr. Ng is a member of American Board of Pediatric Dentistry Examination Committee and a consultant to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the Commission on Dental Accreditation. She recently served as President of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and was previously a member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Board of Trustees. Her clinical and research interests include caries disease management strategies, quality improvement methods and telehealth technologies to improve oral health care access and outcomes in children.
DisclosuresDr. Ng has no relevant disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Impact of Pulpectomy vs Tooth Extraction on Children's Oral Health–Related Quality of Life
- Racial/Ethnic Disparities Are Observed in Preventive Dental Service Utilization and Caries Prevalence Among Children in the US
- Efficacy of Two Behavioural Management Techniques During Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block Administration in Preschool Children
- Variation in General Dentists' Patterns of Sealant Use in Children With Increased Caries Risk
- Long-Term Caries Prevention Using Dental Sealants and Fluoride Varnish in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Opposition to Early Dental Visit by Dentists in Mothers' Social Networks
- Primary Second Molar Treatment as a Predictor of Repeat General Anesthesia
- Management Strategies for Patients With Autism Spectrum Disorder in the Era of COVID-19
- Effect of an Immersive Virtual Reality Intervention on Pain and Anxiety Associated With Peripheral Intravenous Catheter Placement in the Pediatric Setting
- Health Status and Healthcare Use Among Adolescents Identified With and Without Autism in Early Childhood