Mackram F. Eleid MDAssociate Professor, Consultant, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
The research of Mackram F. Eleid, M.D. focuses on improving the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of structural and ischemic heart diseases. Specific interests include characterization and identification of therapeutic targets for hemodynamic subsets in valvular heart diseases, including low-gradient severe aortic stenosis, through a combination of invasive hemodynamic cardiac catheterization and cardiac imaging clinical research studies. As an interventional cardiologist, Dr. Eleid has special interest in percutaneous approaches to treatment of a variety of structural heart diseases.
DisclosuresDr. Eleid reports no disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- The 1-Year Outcomes of Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Repair
- Transcatheter Repair for Patients With Tricuspid Regurgitation
- Transcatheter Valve-in-Valve Aortic Valve Replacement as an Alternative to Surgical Re-Replacement
- Outcomes at 1 Year of Mitral Valve-in-Valve Using the SAPIEN 3 Transcatheter Heart Valve
- Comparison of Robotic PCI With Traditional PCI
- Transcatheter vs Medical Treatment of Patients With Symptomatic Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation
- Cost-Effectiveness of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair vs Medical Therapy in the COAPT Trial
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement in Patients With Heart Failure and Secondary Mitral Regurgitation
- Left Ventricular Rapid Pacing Via the Valve Delivery Guidewire in TAVR
- Mortality Associated With Functional Tricuspid Regurgitation Complicating HFrEF