Mack Roach III MD, FACR, FASTROProfessor, Radiation Oncology and Urology, and Director, Particle Therapy Research Program & Outreach, Department of Radiation Oncology, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Mack Roach III is Professor of Radiation Oncology and Urology in the Department of Radiation Oncology at University of California San Francisco, USA. He has a special interest in the use of radiotherapy for clinically localized prostate cancer. He has chaired two large prospective phase III randomized trials (RTOG 9413 and RTOG 0924). Both have attempted to shed light on the role of prophylactic pelvic nodal radiation in high-risk prostate cancer. He also contributed as a senior author to the development of guidelines for PCa treatment planning, published by the American College of Radiology, the American Joint Commission for Cancer Staging, the American Cancer Society (ACS) Task Force for Cancer Screening Guidelines for prostate cancer and the NCI Concept Evaluation Panel (Prostate Cancer Phase III Trials) and previously as Medical/Scientific Officer Chair of the Health Systems Group for the California Division of the ACS and served on the NCI National Cancer Advisory Board (x 7 years, appointed by President Obama in 2012) and the Board of Scientific Advisors. His hobbies including running, art, collecting wine and jazz.
DisclosuresDr. Roach has no relevant disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Duration of ADT and EBRT With or Without Brachytherapy for Optimal Treatment of High-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Radiation Oncologist Consultations Prior to Radical Prostatectomy
- Short Androgen Suppression and Radiation Dose Escalation in Prostate Cancer
- Secondary Cancers in Patients With Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer Randomized to Lifelong Endocrine Treatment With or Without Radical Radiation Therapy
- Outcomes and Toxicity After Postprostatectomy Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy
- The Impact of Age at the Time of Radiotherapy for Localized Prostate Cancer on the Development of Second Primary Malignancies
- Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy for Oligometastatic Prostate Cancer
- Role of Adjuvant Radiotherapy for Organ-Confined Prostate Cancer With a Positive Surgical Margin
- Long-Term Outcomes After Bladder-Preserving Trimodal Therapy for Patients With Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Long-Term Impact of Adjuvant vs Early Salvage Radiation Therapy in pT3N0 Prostate Cancer Treated With Radical Prostatectomy