Leonard J. Press OD, FAAO, FCOVDPress Consulting, PC
Leonard J. Press, OD, is a graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, and he completed his residency at the college's Eye Institute in Philadelphia. He was recruited to the State University of New York's College of Optometry in New York City, where he served as Chief of the Vision Therapy Service and as an associate professor. He is currently an independent optometric consultant in Lakewood, New Jersey.
Dr. Press is the author of more than 100 articles, 3 textbooks, 3 monographs. He is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Optometry. He has twice been the recipient of the Scientific Achievement Award from the New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians (NJSOP). Dr. Press has served as President of COVD and of the NJSOP. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Vision Development & Rehabilitation.
Dr. Press has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2023 Top Story in Eye Care: Healthcare Utilization and Characteristics of Patients With Functional Visual Loss
- Importance of Compassion in Healthcare
- Current Evidence Regarding Treatment Modalities for the Management of Patients With Dry Eye Disease
- Influence of Age, Sex, and Wait Times on Public Online Ratings of Glaucoma Physicians in the US
- Accuracy of Tests for Diagnosing Dry Eye Disease
- Current Uses of AI in the Analysis of Biofluid Markers Involved in Corneal and Ocular Surface Diseases
- Non-Surgical Consecutive Exotropia Following Childhood Esotropia
- Advances in Imaging and the Potential Role of Artificial Intelligence in Patients With Pathologic Myopia
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Supervised Dichoptic Gaming vs Monitored Occlusion Therapy in Children With Amblyopia
- Clinical Features and Management of Patients With Keratoconjunctivitis Associated With Inadequate Tear Drainage