Lee S. Schwartzberg MD, FACPChief, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Renown Institute for Cancer, and Professor of Clinical Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada
Dr. Schwartzberg is Chief, Medical Oncology and Hematology at the Renown Institute for Cancer and Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Nevada, Reno. He did his hematology/oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and spent three decades at West Cancer Center and Research Institute as Medical Director. He was Chief, Division of hematology/oncology and Professor of Medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science center from 2012-2017.
In 2018, he became the founding Chief Medical Officer of OneOncology, a national oncology practice management company and served in that role through 2021. He previously served on the Board of Directors and the Guideline Steering Committee of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and participated in several guideline committees including breast cancer.
Dr. Schwartzberg has published nearly 300 peer reviewed manuscripts, book chapters and monographs. He is founding editor in chief of the Elsevier website PracticeUpdate Oncology and founding editor in chief of the journal Community Oncology. His research interests focus on breast cancer, supportive care, precision medicine and patient reported outcomes. Dr. Schwartzberg maintains a clinical practice in breast cancer.
Medical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
State University of New York, BA and MS
New York Medical College, MD, FACP
Intern, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
Fellow in medical oncology/hematology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
He is a consultant for Amgen, Pfizer, Helsinn, Genentech, BMS, Myriad, AstraZeneca, Spectrum, and Napo.
He is also on the advisory board for Genomic Health Research Funding (Institution): Amgen and DSMB: Bayer
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2023 Top Story in Metastatic Breast Cancer: Capivasertib—The First of a New Class of Agents to Treat Certain Patients With Metastatic Breast Cancer
- ESMO 2023: Recommendations From Dr. Lee Schwartzberg for Breast Cancer
- Outcomes of Neratinib + Fulvestrant + Trastuzumab and Biomarker Analysis in Patients With HR+/HER2−, HER2-Mutant MBC
- CDK4/6 Inhibitors for Hormone-Receptor-Positive (HR+), HER2-Negative (HER2-) Advanced Breast Cancer (ABC)
- Toripalimab With nab-Paclitaxel (nab-P) for Metastatic or Recurrent Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Ribociclib and Endocrine Therapy as Adjuvant Treatment in HR+/HER2− Early Breast Cancer
- ASCO 2023: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Lee Schwartzberg for Breast Cancer
- 2022 Top Story in Oncology: DESTINY-Breast04 — Trastuzumab Deruxtecan for HER2-Low Breast Cancer
- ctDNA Mutation Tracking to Detect MRD and Trigger Intervention in Patients With Moderate- and High-Risk Early-Stage TNBC
- Overall Survival Outcomes Following Adjuvant Olaparib Therapy in Patients With Germline Pathogenic Variants in BRCA1/2 and High-Risk Early Breast Cancer