Klint Peebles MDDermatologist, Kaiser Permanente, Permanente Medicine, Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group, District of Columbia and Suburban Maryland
Dr. Klint Peebles is a board-certified dermatologist with Kaiser Permanente, Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group in Washington, DC, and suburban Maryland. Dr. Peebles earned a medical degree from Vanderbilt University and completed dermatology residency training, along with a year as chief resident, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Areas of clinical focus include complex medical dermatology, with an emphasis on autoimmune connective tissue and immunobullous disorders, as well as anogenital dermatology and anal dysplasia. Dr. Peebles also has extensive clinical, leadership, and research expertise in sexual and gender minority health and gender-affirming dermatology, currently serving as co-chair of the American Academy of Dermatology’s Expert Resource Group on LGBTQ/SGM Health and the LGBTQ Health Specialty Section Council of the American Medical Association. Other areas of interest include healthcare policy and legislation, particularly regarding equitable access to gender-affirming care and access to minimally invasive affirmation procedures, as well as the intersections of public health, climate justice, and animal welfare.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Perianal Warts as a Risk Marker for Anal High-Risk HPV Detection and HPV–Associated Diseases
- Dermatological Disorders in Transgender Patients
- Gender Identity and Lifetime Prevalence of Skin Cancer
- The Difference Between Screening and Testing for Genital Herpes: And There Is a Difference
- High-Grade Dysplasia in Anogenital Warts of HIV-Positive Men