Katy M. Toale PharmD, BCPSClinical Pharmacy Specialist and Director, Anticoagulation Stewardship Program, Division of Pharmacy, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
Katy Toale is a clinical pharmacy specialist and Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist who currently works in the Emergency Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. She completed pharmacy school in 2006 from The University of Texas at Austin and completed a Pharmacy Practice Residency at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She has research interests in sepsis management and anticoagulation.
DisclosuresDr. Toale has nothing to disclose.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Trends and Risk Factors for Venous Thromboembolism Among Hospitalized Medical Patients
- Validation of the Khorana Score for Predicting VTE in Cancer Patients Starting Chemotherapy
- US Emergency Department Visits Due to Medication Harms
- VTE Prophylaxis in Critically Ill Adults
- Temporary Interruption vs Continuation of DOACs for Low-Risk Procedures
- Rivaroxaban Plus Aspirin in Obese and Overweight Patients With Vascular Disease
- Pharmacist Involvement in Clinical Assessment and Laboratory Testing for Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia