Kathy Eklund RDH, MHDirector of Occupational Health and Safety, Forsyth Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Kathy Eklund is the Director of Occupational Health and Safety at the Forsyth Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where she also serves as Research Subject and Patient Safety Advocate and Professional Continuing Education Program Director. She chairs the Forsyth IRB (institutional review board). Ms. Eklund is a past chair of the Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP) and served as secretary of the OSAP Foundation. She is on the adjunct faculty of the Regis College Dental Hygiene Program in Wellesley, Massachusetts.
Widely published, Ms. Eklund has delivered numerous invited presentations across the country. She is a member of the American Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors, the American Association for Dental Research, the American Dental Hygienists' Association, and OSAP, among other professional organizations.
Ms. Eklund was awarded her Certificate of Dental Hygiene Education and Bachelor of Science in Education from The Ohio State University in Columbus. She received a Master of Science in Health Professions in Health Policy and Administration from Northeastern University in Boston.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- COVID-19 Prevalence and Related Practices Among Dental Hygienists in the United States
- USPSTF Recommendation Statement for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Adults With Cardiovascular Risk Factors
- 2020 Top Stories in Clinical Dentistry: Dental Healthcare System and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Resources and Guidance for Dental Hygienists During the COVID-19 Era
- Reducing Aerosols in Dental Practice During the COVID-19 Era
- Education Improves Dental Hygienists' Ability to Provide HPV Education