Kathleen M. Dungan MD, MPHProfessor of Medicine and Associate Director of Clinical Services, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Kathleen Dungan, MD, MPH is Professor of Medicine in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism at the Ohio State University where she serves as Associate Director of Clinical Services for the Division. Dr. Dungan earned her medical degree from the Ohio State University, and completed her residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Endocrinology at the University of North Carolina. She then completed her Masters in Public Health at The Ohio State University. She regularly appears on the “Best Doctors” list. She has served as primary investigator for NIH and other externally sponsored clinical research in glycemic management of hospitalized patients. She has served as lead investigator, steering committee, or national lead for a number of multi-center clinical trials involving diabetes therapeutics and monitoring. She serves as Associate Editor for Endotext and has served on planning committees for the American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions and the Endocrine Society Clinical Endocrine Update, as well as other editorial board and continuing education planning activities. She has served on advisory panels, clinical trial steering committees, and has published widely on inpatient and outpatient diabetes therapeutics and monitoring.
DisclosuresDr. Dungan reports the following disclosures:
Consulting fees from Eli Lilly and Tolerion, institutional research fees from Eli Lilly, Novo Nordisk, Abbott, and Sanofi Aventis, and presentation honoraria from Nova Biomedical, Academy for continued healthcare learning, Cardiometabolic Health Conference, and Uptodate.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Efficacy and Safety of Three Dulaglutide Doses in Type 2 DM
- 2020 Top Stories in Diabetes: COVID-19 Prompts Transformations in Diabetes Healthcare Delivery
- Semaglutide Reduces CV Events in Type 2 Diabetes Across the Spectrum of CV Risk
- 2019 Top Stories in Diabetes: Double Agents: SGLT2 inhibitors Show Efficacy in Heart Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease
- 2018 Top Stories in Diabetes: GLP-1 Receptor Agonists: HARMONY Outcomes and REWIND
- Effects of Liraglutide on Diabetes-Related Foot Ulceration in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes at High Cardiovascular Risk
- Semaglutide vs Dulaglutide Once Weekly in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes