John Koo MDProfessor of Dermatology, UCSF School of Medicine; Vice-Chairman, Department of Dermatology, UCSF Medical Center; Director, UCSF Psoriasis, Phototherapy, and Skin Treatment Center; Director, Phototherapy Unit, Clinical Research Unit, and Psychodermatology Clinic, San Francisco, California
Dr. John Koo is a board certified physician in both psychiatry and dermatology. He is one of the pioneers of psychodermatology, a sub-specialty of dermatology in the United States. He is professor and vice chairman of the department of dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco Medical Center. He is also the director of the UCSF Psoriasis Treatment Center, Phototherapy Unit, Clinical Research Unit, and Psychodermatology Clinic. He has more than 300 peer-reviewed publications. He has also been named “Best Doctor in America” year after year for more than a decade. His other areas of expertise include psoriasis, eczema, phototherapy, biologics, topical therapy of psoriasis, and oral immunosuppressants. Dr. Koo has lectured widely on these topics both domestically and internationally.
Dr. John Koo is a speaker for AbbVie and Leo. Dr. Koo conducts research for Amgen, Janssen, Novartis, Photomedex, Galderma, Pfizer, and Merck. Dr. Koo has no stocks, employment, or board memberships with any pharmaceutical company.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Differential Effects of Biologics on Psoriasis-Related Vascular Inflammation and Risk of Thrombosis
- The Utility of Subcutaneous Methotrexate for Chronic Plaque Psoriasis in a Real-World Setting
- Opioid, Alcohol, and Cannabis Misuse Among Patients With Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Depressive Symptoms, Depression, and the Effect of Biologic Therapy Among Patients With Psoriasis
- N-Acetylcysteine for Excoriation Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder Is Increased in Patients With Acne
- Severe Plaque Psoriasis May Have Associated Cognitive Impairment