Jim Owen OD, FAAO, MBADirector of Clinical Services for TLC Laser Eye Centers
Dr Owen is a graduate of the Illinois College of Optometry and received his MBA from San Diego State University. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry and a member of the American Optometric Association. He has served as the President of the Optometric Council for Refractive Technology and currently is a member of its Board of Directors. Dr. Owen is the Director of Clinical Services for TLC Laser Eye Centers the largest provider of refractive surgery in the United States, and he has a private practice in Encinitas, California. He participates is clinical research and lectures on laser vision correction, cataract surgery, dry eye and contact lenses.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Prevalence of Ocular Surface Dysfunction in Patients Presenting for Cataract Surgery Evaluation
- Phacoemulsification of the Rock-Hard Dense Nuclear Cataract: Options and Recommendations
- Sutureless Intrascleral IOL Fixation Methods
- Effectiveness and Safety of an Intracameral Injection of Cefuroxime for the Prevention of Endophthalmitis After Cataract Surgery
- Visual Quality With All Optic Zone Diffractive Multifocal Intraocular Lenses