Jean-Yves Douillard MD, PhDProfessor Emeritus, Medical Oncology, University of Nantes, France; Senior Advisor, Integrated Centers of Oncology (ICO), Nantes, France
Jean-Yves Douillard trained at the Medical School, University of Nantes, France and received its MD in 1979. He is Board certified in Medical Oncology, with a degree in Experimental Oncology. He developed an interest in tumor immunology, obtained a fellowship from the Fogarty center (NIH, USA) and the French ministry of Health as Visiting Fellow Laboratory of Immuno-diagnosis (Ronald Herberman) at the National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda Maryland USA. He became Assistant Professor of Medical Oncology in 1981 at the University of Nantes specializing in lung cancer, gastro-intestinal oncology and biotherapies. From 1986 to 1988, he went as a visiting scientist at the US FDA, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research involved in monoclonal antibody experimental therapy against colorectal cancer in a rat model. He got his PhD in 1993. He actively participated in clinical trials, in lung and GI tumors. In 2000, he became Professor of Medical Oncology.
He has published numerous articles in scientific journals (The Lancet, The New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of Clinical Oncology, The Lancet Oncology, British Journal of Cancer, Cancer Research, European Journal of Cancer, Annals of Oncology, Journal of Thoracic Oncology…) He was on the Editorial board of the Journal of Clinical Oncology, Clinical Colo-Rectal Cancer, Annals of Oncology and ESMO Open. He is a member of EORTC, ASCO, ESMO, IASLC, AACR. He was Head of Medical Oncology and then Director of Clinical and Translational Research at the Integrated Centers of Oncology, Nantes France until 06 2011. He was Board member at the French National Cancer Institute (Inca).
He served as Chair of the Gastro-Intestinal Tumor for the ESMO 2010 congress and Board member of GI Tumors for ESMO 2012. He joined the ESMO Executive Board as Chair of the ESMO Educational Committee 01 2012-12 2015. He was nominated in May 2016 as ESMO Chief Medical Officer until July 2020. As of December 1, 2020, he is serving as Senior Advisor a consultant in early clinical trial research at the Integrated Centers of Oncology, Nantes, France.
Professor Emeritus, Medical Oncology, University of Nantes (France); Senior Advisor, Integrated Centers of Oncology (ICO), Nantes, France
University of Nantes, France, MD
University of Nantes, France, PhD
Resident, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, FranceFellow, French Ministry of Health and US National Institutes of Health John E. FogartyInternational Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences Board.
Lung cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, monoclonal antibody therapy, early drug development, translational research
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2022 Top Story in Oncology: Immunotherapy for the First-Line Treatment of Metastatic/Recurrent NSCLC
- Long-Term Survival Outcomes With Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab vs Chemotherapy as First-Line Treatment for Metastatic NSCLC
- ESMO 2022: Recommendations From Dr. Jean-Yves Douillard for Non–Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Overall Survival and Biomarker Analysis of Neoadjuvant Nivolumab Plus Chemotherapy in Operable Stage IIIA NSCLC
- ASCO 2022: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Jean-Yves Douillard for Lung Cancer
- Neoadjuvant Nivolumab Plus Chemotherapy in Resectable Lung Cancer
- Treatment Outcome of Atypical EGFR Mutations
- Five-Year Survival With Durvalumab After Chemoradiotherapy in Stage III NSCLC
- Ensartinib vs Crizotinib for Patients With Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase-Positive NSCLC
- 2021 Top Story in Lung Cancer: Changes in Paradigm for Potentially Curable NSCLC