Jason G. Andrade MDCardiac Electrophysiologist, Director of the Electrophysiology Program, and Head of the Atrial Fibrillation Clinic, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Associate Professor of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Université de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Dr. Jason Andrade is a Cardiac Electrophysiologist at Vancouver General Hospital (VGH). He is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of British Columbia (UBC), and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Université de Montréal.
Dr. Andrade is the Director of the Electrophysiology Program at VGH, as well as Head of the Atrial Fibrillation Clinic at VGH. He also serves as the Provincial Medical Chair for Heart Rhythm Disease in the Canadian province of British Columbia. He is the co-chair of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society Atrial Fibrillation Guidelines committee, and previously served as chair of the education committee for the Canadian Heart Rhythm society.
Dr. Andrade is the principal investigator of the CIRCA-DOSE and EARLY-AF multicenter randomized clinical trials on atrial fibrillation ablation. He has authored or co-authored over 160 scientific publications, predominantly in the domain of atrial fibrillation. He is also the author of a textbook of cardiac electrophysiology, a textbook of electrocardiogram interpretation, and several textbook chapters related to atrial fibrillation ablation and cardiac cryoablation.
Dr. Andrade is a graduate of McMaster University (BSc; Summa Cum Laude) and the University of Ottawa (MD, Magna Cum Laude). He completed his Internal Medicine residency and Cardiology fellowship training at the University of British Columbia and a clinical and research fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology at the Montreal Heart Institute.
DisclosuresDr. Andrade reports the following:
- Consulting Fees/Honoraria
- Bayer HealthCare; BMS/Pfizer Alliance; Servier; Medtronic
- Research Grants
- Canadian Arrhythmia Network, a Network of Clinical Alliance
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
- Baylis Medical; Medtronic, Inc; Bayer HealthCare; BMS/Pfizer Alliance; Servier
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Procedure-Related Complications of Catheter Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation
- Prevalence of Left Atrial Thrombus in Anticoagulated Patients With Atrial Fibrillation
- Early Rhythm-Control Therapy Reduces Cardiovascular Outcomes in Atrial Fibrillation
- MY APPROACH to Atrial Fibrillation: Rate vs Rhythm Control
- Rate-Control Treatment and Mortality in Atrial Fibrillation
- Increased Heart Rate Is Associated With Mortality in AF Patients